Thursday, August 26, 2010

Peace

Hello everyone,

I just have to say I love the idea of this blog. I think we could all benefit from the testimony of others and in doing so recognize the opportunity for growth on our part.

I admit I have been struggling lately with my faith and with my relationship with God due to unfortunate circumstances that have befallen me, but I find as I make an effort to seek Him out - He is there. He is there with open arms and an understanding and compassionate heart. While I may not understand why I must endure such trials, this passage found in the New Testament has always given me hope that someday everything will make sense, and that I will come out of this hardship victorious.

Luke 14: 27 - "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

Sometimes the world can offer no valid answers. It can offer no peace. But when all other sources fail and comforts cease, God is always there - ever mindful of our needs, and ever eager to bring us back into His arms. He is patient with us in our sufferings. He understands. His son suffered all things in the garden of Gethsemane. He knows our struggles. He's been there. He knows how it feels, and He can help us through it if we just turn our hearts to Him and seek His help.

I don't know many things, but I know that someday this will all make sense. Someday I will be able to see my brother again. With God's help all things are possible. We just have to hold onto what we know is right and believe He can do what He says He can do. Though it's not easy, and this fight is anguishing and arduous, the end result will be worth all the struggle and tears.

I guess that's all I have for you today.

-Ashleigh

2 comments:

  1. I have trouble sometimes running and asking him for help when I need him. He doesn't want to lead us astray, he wants what is best for us. No worries Ashleigh, it will all make sense again!! :-) Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    If there is anyone who you can run to anymore for comfort it is Him. Remember, He is your Rock, and your Fortress. Shelter in the storm. He coveres you under His wings and dries the tears of the brokenhearted. He loves you more than anything or anyone. You are His precious daughter, His little angel. Remember that He never loses sight of you, no matter how far away He seems to be, He is standing right there, next to you.

    ReplyDelete