Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Humility

Hey, this is Javier. This is the first of many posts so I hope you enjoy and that we are all further enlightened.

Passage:
Humble yourself the more, the greater you are, and you will find favor with God. For great is the power of God; by the humble he is glorified. (Sirach 3:18-19)

Description:
Humility gives a true estimate of self. Through it a man performs duty, avoids what is beyond the understanding and strength. Pride, however, begets false greatness, misjudgment, stubbornness, sorrow, affliction and perdition.

This speaks to me because it is something very common I see around me. I also do this myself at times. Personally, I think there is no reason to feel too proud because there is no shortage of things to know and understand. Although you could go about trying to, the knowledge you possess will never be close to that of God. Therefore, being so arrogant really seems quite foolish. God is our creator and he gave us the gifts we possess. To use these gifts and think highly of ourselves does not give God the glory he deserves from us. I need to practice this more and be more conscious of this matter. I hope you will too. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment